News/Forthcoming Events Last Update: 30/4/2017
29th & 30th April 2017
- Open Galas - Details of Accepted and Rejected Entries for our 13/14th May LC meet are now available on the Open Galas page.
- Club Records - Updates for Overall and Age Group Club records covering galas up to and including the 16th April are now available on the Club Records page. Record report to follow.
- Regional Championships - Good luck to all our swimmers who are competing at the 2017 East Region Swimming Championships this weekend. At the time of publishing BPSC swimmers have so far secured at least 15 medals with top placings including Samuel Perks, Callum Hodgson, Mason Hunnisett, James Cooper, Macy Lawrence and Ellie Wheeler. In the combined Club Points table after session four BPSC were placed sixth overall with plenty more to come! See East Region Championships Live Results Feed for details.
7th April 2017
- British Championships - Good luck and congratulations to Macy Lawrence, Sam Pease and Ellie Wheeler who will be representing BPSC alongside alongside the elite of British swimming, including medallists Adam Peaty and Jazz Carlin who shone at the 2016 Rio Olympics. All of them will be competing at Ponds Forge International in Sheffield from 18th to 23rd April. See the full BPSC British Championships press release here.
21st March 2017
- Club Records - The report summarising the BPSC club records broken by our swimmers in February is now available on our Club records page. These include records by Emily Cooper, Olivia Harrison and Jack Williams who are new entrants to the club record books and new overall long course records for Vejune Petraityte, Ellie Wheeler,Macy Lawrence & Holly Hildrew.
- Congratulations - to the following swimmers who have been selected by Essex to attend a training camp: Olivia Church, Ruby Wheeler, Arthur Bernans, Mason Allen. Also to Gold 1 swimmers Liam Brennan, James Cooper and Mason Hunnisett who are representing the East Region ASA at the Edinburgh International Competition. Finally, our congratulations go to Gold 1 swimmers Reece Nicholls and Sam Pease who are representing the East Region Schools at the National English Schools Championships being held in Liverpool.
8th March 2017
- Awards Night - An excellent BPSC awards night was held in the Springhouse Club, Corringham. Many awards were handed out including ‘Top Boy’ and ‘Top Girl’ trophies from the Club Championships, performance awards from the recent Essex Championships, squad ‘swimmer of the year’ trophies and some special awards voted on by club members. It seems that a great night was had by all! For details of who won what, see 2017 Awards Night Trophies and also for Club Champs Awards: Boys Girls. Some photos from the evening are shown in the slideshow above. More photos available in our Awards Night Photo Gallery.
Anyone who was unable to collected their award will get it presented by their coach on Friday 10th March at normal training. Club championship trophies can also be collected from the club desk between 5pm and 6pm on the same evening.
26th February 2017
- Essex Champions (again)! - For the second year in a row Basildon are confirmed as Essex Age Group Club Champions! After nine competitive sessions spread over 6 days and three weekends, BPSC finished decisively in top position of the club points table. BPSC acquired a total of 2,203 points in the championships leaving a massive gap to second-placed Colchester (1072 pts) and third-placed Romford (959 pts). No less than 66 BPSC individual swimmers reached finals (or top 8) in one or more of their events. At the end of this annual competition BPSC also had four individual Essex Age Group champions: Reece Nicholls, Samual Bryan, Liam Brennan and Ruby Wheeler who all finished top in the points tally for their respective ‘Top Boy’ and ‘Top Girl’ age groupings. In the team telay competition Basildon finished top of the Junior and Youth relay categories and were in second place in the BAGCAT section. Overall it was an excellent competition for BPSC with many PB’s and several new club records set. See Full results from the 2017 Essex Age Group championships.
6th & 9th February 2017
- Club Records - The BPSC Age Group records have been updated to reflect new records set during Block A.- See the Club Records page and BPSC Club Records report for January. Special congratulations to Vejune Petraityte (new 200m Breast Long Course record), Ellie Wheeler (new 800m Free and 400m IM Long Course records) and Jack Turrell (who joined the age group record books for the first time with a new Boys 13years LC record in the 400m Freestyle).
- Officiating Training - The club is about to run a training course for new poolside officials (Judge Level 1) and next stage for existing J1 officials (Judge Level 2). Please consider joining us for this important role. There are several copies of the ASA application form at the BPSC notice board or you can request to be sent one by contacting our officials coordinators. Please can you register as soon as possible as it can take a few weeks for applications to be processed and the first training session will be on 11th March.
- Essex Counties - The second weekend of the Annual Age Group Championships and Basildon swimmers continue their dominant performances. At the end of the weekend Basildon was sitting comfortably in first place of the Club points table with more than twice the points of the second and third placed clubs. See 2017 Essex Age Group Block B Results file for detail. We now also have available this BPSC report from Block A.
- GB Selection - The club extends its congratulations to Matthew Oaten and Ciara Tappenden who have been selected to represent Great Britain at this years Deaflympics which will be held in Samsun, Turkey in July. This is a great achievement for our 2 swimmers who have both represented the club at and won many medals at the Deaf national Champiopnships over the past few years and have represented GB at various International competitions
23rd January 2017
- Essex Counties - Congratulations to our swimmers who set out a strong series of performances over the first weekend of the Essex County Age Group Championships. At the end of this first weekend of three the club established a dominant initial lead for the Top Club trophy, finishing with over twice the points of the 2nd placed club (Romford). Five BPSC swimmers also took a lead in their respective age group categories. Well done to all! See full Block A Results file for details.
1st January 2017
- Club Records - A new report has now been created (by Paul Sandford) based on the latest updated club records data (maintained by Alan Twine). We can now announce that no less than 85 club Age Group records were broken in the last three months. See the Club Records page. Four new swimmers secured entries in the club record books for the first time: Evangeline Pierce, Mia Lowe and Oliver Scrimshaw in the 9yr age groups and Dina Day in the 17yrs age group. Congratulations to all the swimmers (and their coaches) whose hard work is paying off!